Introduction to our brahman cattle scholarship program
The Moreno Ranches Junior Scholarship Program is designed to help America’s youth to continue their education by enrolling in undergraduate courses of studies at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical school.
Eligibility for our Agriculture Scholarships
1. Animals must be purchased from Moreno Ranches at public auction or by private treaty in order to qualify for the program.
2. Qualifying animals must be bought and registered by a junior exhibitor and be in his/her name from the time of the sale and throughout their show career.
3. Animals participating in the program are not transferable from child to child.
4. The amount of the scholarship is determined by the animal’s placing at a qualifying show and by the number of calendar years in which the exhibitor has purchased an animal from Moreno Ranches. Please refer to the Moreno Ranches Junior Scholarship Program Award Schedule for award amounts.
5. If a junior showman qualifies for more than one scholarship award, the single highest award amount will be awarded. Award levels cannot be combined.
6. The ONLY shows eligible are Junior Shows. Please refer to the “Eligible Shows” section below.
Each Moreno Ranches Junior Scholarship will be funded by Moreno Ranches in the name of recipient in the Moreno Ranches Scholarship program account. To qualify for a scholarship, the student is required to submit the proper information of verification on the Moreno Ranches Verification Form and provide proof of winning. Once all necessary documentation is provided, the exhibitor will receive confirmation of the scholarship awarded to them along with a payment schedule.
Payments will be made in semesterly installments based upon the length of the program of study. Checks will be made payable to, and sent to the accredited two or
four year college, university or vocational/technical school. The Moreno Ranches Junior Scholarship Program will process scholarship awards, to the schools, in mid-
August and mid-December each year.
Qualified expenses include tuition, books, and related fees. Qualifiers must complete their education at the accredited college, university or vocational-technical school of their choice on or before their 30th birthday or the remaining portion of their Moreno Ranches Junior Scholarship fund will be forfeited. There will be a third party advisory board administering all scholarships. The board will be appointed by Moreno Ranches. This scholarship will be non-transferable unless approved by the advisory board. Any questions or changes will be decided and/or approved by the advisory board.
*The ONLY show eligible are junior shows.
Gold Level : AJBA All American Junior Show
Silver Level: State Fair Jr. Shows. State Fair shows will be honored for the persons in the state of origin. The state of origin is defined as the state of residence of the owners and/or the state of your 4H or FFA chapter.
Bronze Level: State Junior Field Day & County Junior Shows. County shows will be honored for the persons in the county of origin. The county of origin is defined as the county of residence of the owners and/or the county of your 4H or FFA chapter.